10 September 2010

Wear a Pirate's Hat in your Library on Wednesday!

We are aiming at Wednesday 15th of September 2010. But there are really no strict rules, so if you can't make it just tell us a big fib and upload your stories, images and videos anyway. That way it will be just like writing a job application!

Ruth has explained it all here on her blog:
http://restructuregirl.wordpress.com/2010/09/09/and-now-for-some-fun-with-pirate-hats/

The event has two patrons: Matthew Mitcham (general icon/treasure-about-town and 2008 Olympic Gold medallist in 10m platform diving) & Jinja Safari who are a fantastic band and provide us with this theme song via YouTube:



Please join in and help spread the word everywhere. It is all for a good cause that now has its own hashtag on Twitter #noparticularreason

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day (19th Sep)

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html#pickup